Your entryway to your home is where guests are welcomed and made to feel like they can come on in and make themselves at home. Thoughtful design will create this enticing mood and will also have you entering home with that, ‘its good to be home’ feeling.
As usual with homes though, it also needs to be functional and include all the things that will allow you to exit the house with ease.
SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- A bench or chair for putting shoes on and off
- Console for placing items such as keys, phone, vase
- Hooks for coats, bags, hats
- Hang a mirror for last minute checking of hair! It also creates the illusion of a bigger space
- A rug serves for wiping feet, creating a homely effect and adding style
- Plants or potted flowers will visually warm the space
Images from Pinterest