We are currently preparing (and hoping) for a drop to Level 3 next week, which of course means we are back in business. If you are wanting to go to market, we can start doing everything we normally would in Level 3, in preparation for a semi-normal campaign in Level 2, or if you are in a hurry, we can launch in Level 3. I have a quick breakdown of the rules in each Level below for you. My advice is Level 2 is going to allow more people through the doors, however with the lack of stock around, Level 3 can deliver great results as you take advantage of the lack of competition.
Other than this – I don’t have a lot to add. Stay safe – and fingers crossed we start getting things open again from next week.
This Week’s Wrap
– The Short Story
– Listings & Stock Availability
– Auction Results
The Short Story
We are still getting quite a bit of enquiry on the properties we still have on the market, offers are still being made and properties are still selling. Stock levels have plummeted of course, but we expect them to rise again from Level 3 on.
We can say that the residential real estate sector has successfully adjusted itself to handle a lockdown – and whilst it is devastating for many sectors and people financially and mentally, for the real estate sector it is more of an inconvenience as we take pause and wait for things to resume.
Listings & Stock Availability
Ditto from last week – stock is still plummeting. A lot is being held back so I expect a reasonably sharp rise beginning of next week if we do actually go to Level 3.
824 on TradeMe – 842 last week
874 on oneroof.co.nz – 890 last week
834 on realestate.co.nz – 854 last week
There aren’t really enough over the last week to warrant useful information. So below are the averages for the past 4 and 12 weeks.
Harcourts 4 Week Average – 89%
Harcourts 12 Week Average – 76%
Barfoot 4 Week Average – 70%
Barfoot 12 Week Average – 65%
That’s it for me, remember if you ever have any questions please just give me a call.
Stay safe everyone!
Kris Cunningham & Team
The Cunningham Group | Harcourts Cooper & Co Smales Farm
Marketing Specialists on the Beautiful North Shore
Kris: 029 767 6801 | Office: 027 259 3603
#3 Harcourts North Shore | Top 20 Harcourts NZ & Worldwide
#1 for the North Shore Community SIX Years in a Row 2015-21
To stay up to date on a daily basis with previews, new listings and auctions, please follow us on Facebook& Instagram or visit www.kriscunningham.co.nz
Kris Cunningham & Team are all Licensed Sales People under the REAA 2008
RESTRICTIONS FOR REAL ESTATE
Here is a summary of the restrictions under each Alert Level as per the REA guidelines in accordance with the government.
This information can also be found on the REA website here
Level 4 Restrictions
Virtual only – no physical meetings or inspections
Level 3 Restrictions
Provided health requirements are met the following are permitted:
– Private Viewings – limited to two per day, per property
– Appraisals with Physical Inspections
– Face to face presentations
– Settlements, relocations and pre-settlement inspections
– Building inspections etc
– Service providers may attend a property
– No open homes in Level 3
– Stay virtual where possible
– Offices remain closed to clients and the public
– All properties should have a NZ COVID Tracer app QR code throughout the sales process
Health requirements include:
– Mask wearing is required for anyone aged 12 years and over when entering any property
– Maintain 2-metre physical distancing from anyone you don’t know, both inside and outside
– Contact records must be collected for every visit at a property
– No visits to a property if the occupants are unwell, are self-isolating or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
– Minimise your time at a property
– Ensure that visits to properties are contactless and any surfaces that are touched are sanitised
– Visitors must sanitise their hands before entering and after leaving a property
– Systems and processes must be in place to ensure compliance
– Infringement offences apply for breach of public health order requirements
For the Level 3 details visit the REA website here
Level 2 Restrictions for Real Estate
Health requirements must still be met as above, but otherwise we are back to normal with Open Homes allowed, and viewings no longer limited to 2 per property per day, providing the following restrictions are in place:
– No more than 50 people at an indoor property or venue and ensure physical distancing of 2-metre is be maintained
– No more than 100 people if there is an outdoor auction and ensure that all attendees maintain 2-metre physical distancing
For the Level 2 details visit the REA website here
16 Macbeth Court, Milford
Flat Section Ready To Build By Lake Pupuke
AUCTION – Thursday 16th September, 06:30PM
VIEW MORE HERE